About the Philatelic Development Council (PDC)
Objectives of the PDC
The PDC is in the process of developing a Strategic Plan for the future. In this regard it has identified three major elements that will become part of this overall plan –
- A set of attainable objectives;
- A method of identifying and encouraging new collectors and exhibitors;
- How can we improve communications? This involves not only making it easier for potential collectors to find information to progress their interests, but to speed up the exchange of new information between existing clubs, their members, collectors and the PDC.
At the October 2007 meeting, a set of objectives was agreed upon. These objectives fall into two categories, as follows
- To promote awareness of the activities of the PDC.
- To encourage consultation with the PDC.
- To encourage stamp collectors in NSW to be members of stamp clubs.
- To encourage members of stamp clubs to display their material.
- To encourage members of stamp clubs to exhibit in local, State and National exhibitions.
- To encourage the researching, publishing and dissemination of information on stamps and associated philatelic items.
- To encourage young people to be stamp collectors and exhibitors.