Update No 2A – 21 November 2008
This event was too important to Philately in New South Wales to wait for the next scheduled update, so we had to share the news as quickly as possible, and take a little time out for some chest beating.
New South Wales was victorious in the recently held Australasian Challenge, and the full report can be accessed by clicking here.
Next month’s scheduled update will include another pen picture, more on Stamp Collecting, and the start of exhibiting. There may possibly be something on Youth.
Update No 2 – 17 November 2008
A watchmaker I used to visit had a reputation for being slow in finalizing jobs, but I always took encouragement from a sign displayed prominently in his shop – “We are always prompt, no matter how long it takes.” So whet your appetite for some more “good stuff”.
Included in this update are the following
- Added to the About page is a pen picture of the Council Chair, Ed Wolf;
- There is a report on the recently held Northern Beaches Stamp Expo at which the concept of Team Bonus Points was successfully trialled. This report also includes both Team and Individual results. This info is on the Exhibiting page.
- The Stamp Collecting page has been commenced and the first three sections are done.
- Finally, on the Clubs page is an article recently published in Philas News about “Planning Your Club’s Future”. The article is motivated by the need for Club’s to constantly attract new members to ensure their continuing viability.
As before, the Overview has been updated to activate the above additions.
Next month’s update will include more pen pictures, more on Stamp Collecting, and the start of exhibiting. There may possibly be something on Youth.
Update No 1 – 17 September 2008
2008 Whew, and about time, you may say. Yes, this first Update has been somewhat tardy in arriving, but it is here now and we are off with something of interest to most, hopefully all, of our visitors.
This Update contains four significant elements
- Added to the About page are pen pictures of six of the Members of the PDC
- David Collyer, the Philatelic Development Officer – Metropolitan;
- Linda Lee, our Secretary;
- Lionel Savins, the Vice Chair of the PDC, and President of Philas;
- John Batson, our Treasurer;
- Geoff Lewis, Committee Member, and President of the NSW Exhibitions Standing Committee; and
- Cyril McColough, the Youth Development Officer.
- There is a new Clubs page to which has now been added the eleven Country Corner Bulletins produced to date. Whilst these Bulletins are geared to NSW Country areas, they contain much information about happenings within the State as a whole.
- The Support Services page is complete, detailing all of the services available from both the PDC and Philas to support the activities of Clubs.
- The Australian Philatelic Federation (APF) has produced six information brochures which answer the most commonly asked question regarding our hobby.
- Why Collect Stamps?
- Why Join a Stamp Club?
- I have just inherited a Stamp Collection. Where do I go from here?
- I have rediscovered Stamp Collecting. Where do I go from here?
- Where do I get stamps for my collection?
- Beyond Australia.